Mint Hill Arts is proud to present the Annual Ann and Bill Litaker Exhibit. This annual juried show is dedicated to longtime members Ann and Bill Litaker. Bill is with us in spirit and we are fortunate to have Ann join us in the gallery often. Their unselfish dedication to Mint Hill Arts serves as an example to every volunteer who believes that “art matters,” that everyone’s life is made better because of creative thinking and expression.
All Artists, members and non-members
|Best in Show||$300|
|First Place||$100 (to be awarded in each category)|
|Second Place||$75 (to be awarded in each category)|
|Third Place||$50 (to be awarded in each category)|
(2 per category)
|$25 Gift Certificate|
- Water Media: Includes water media on paper or paper products (yuppo), gouache, ink
- Photography: Shot with a camera, which is a truthful representation of what was seen through the camera lens. Post-processing is kept to a very minimum, changed digitally only in ways that were formerly possible in a darkroom, i.e., adjusting brightness and contrast. Cropping and converting to Black and White is acceptable.
- Painting: oils, acrylics, pastels
- Other Visual Arts: Includes all materials or techniques not included in the other categories (mixed media, drawing, graphics, alcohol inks, textiles, altered or computer generated/enhanced photography, and 3-D works, etc.
Show Intake: – Please note change in Intake Dates.
Friday, December 4th, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 5th, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Although things seem to be improving with Covid-19, we are still being cautious. Please be sure to have your Gallery Registration form completed in advance and your work ready to hang, including Intake Label tags attached to art, before you come to the gallery for intake. Your fee, entry form and work can then be submitted at the door or inside the gallery with the proper restrictions, i.e., mask, distancing, etc. Mint Hill Arts now provides an “Online Gallery Registration” form option. Please view the form HERE. Here you can fill out the Gallery Registration information INSTEAD of the physical paper form used in the past. You will also pay the entry fee using this form. Once completed, the form will be sent to the Intake committee. Please let Intake know you used this option when you drop of your artwork. Intake Label tags will still need to be printed and attached to art prior to Intake.
The Litaker Show reception will take place on Friday, December 11th for the awards presentation, which will begin at 8:00 p.m. Please note that this reception will likely be viewed via Zoom again due to the ongoing uncertain status of Covid-19. If this changes, a notification will be sent out.
Friday, January 29th, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 30th, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
For Mint Hill Arts Members, $15 per artist for up to 2 pieces.
For Non-members, $40 per artist for up to 2 pieces.
- Each artist may enter up to two (2) individual pieces in any 2-D or 3-D discipline, including, oils, watercolors, acrylics, pastels, pencil, ink, dyes, fabric, wood, metal, glass, plastic, chalk, charcoal, paper, mixed media, foam, cardboard, plaster, ceramics, welding, casting, resin, photography (conventional photography or computer enhanced or generated), lithographs, serigraphs, batiks, paper mache’, or any other material.
- All work must be original. No giclees. We understand that photography is, by nature, a print and will be regarded as original art.
- All 2-D artwork must be properly framed and wired (see below for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. 3-D work that is designed to hang should also be ready to be displayed.
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form and affix our Intake Labels. See our Forms webpage HERE to access these forms. Completing them ahead of time is recommended, but they will be available at Intake for those who choose to fill them out in the gallery.
- Mint Hill Arts reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
Please pay attention to your sizes. We have limited wall and floor space, so no exceptions can be made for oversize artwork.
2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height. It must fit through the door.
Mint Hill Arts requires a commission (20%) on all work sold through our gallery. All sales are run through the gallery and checks are made payable to Mint Hill Arts. Artists are paid within 30 days of the sale. All proceeds from sales go to Mint Hill Arts, an all-volunteer non-profit art organization. You do not have to put your work up for sale; whether to sell, and the price of your work, is determined by you. Sold work can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale.